Nylon unlike others, is a semicrystalline, non-condensing, open ring polyamide. By using comonomers or stabilizers, nylon properties can be modified during polymerization. By this we can introduce new chain end or functional groups, which changes the reactivity and chemical properties.
Post-Processing options: Vibrator Polishing, Painting, Electroplating
- High machinabilit
- High Impact strength
- Self-lubricating, less friction
- High distortions can cause failure
- Does not absorb water well
- Pollution problems associated with its use
- Not suitable for UV, flame and high temp applications
- Sports equipmen
- Power tool housings
- Gears, machinery parts
- Electronics components
- Toys, consumer products
It is a widely used polymer and finds great applications in textile industry, 3D printing, food processing and heavy machinery. Download the datasheet here.