Ultra Detail Plastic
Ultra Detail Plastic is a part of the Vero family which consists of a range of materials viz., Vero WhitePlus, Vero Cyan, Vero Magenta etc. These are rigid, opaque materials which have shore hardness in the range of 83-86D. Due to its excellent feature retention capability, Ultra Detail Plastic parts are used in applications that require small, detailed features.
Ultra Detail Plastic comes in a pure white color and has a smooth surface finish. The parts can be made matte or glossy during manufacturing itself. This usually eliminates any need for post-processing operations. Since the parts are fabricated in Polyjet technology, they have support structure generation. These are wax-like supports which can be removed manually or with the help of a water-jet. Ultra Detail Plastic material can be blended with Tango-Elastic photopolymer to vary hardness, flexibility, translucency, and heat resistance.
Average turnaround time: 4-5 business days
- Rigid material with smooth surface finish
- Available in variety of colors
- Excellent feature retention capability and accuracy
- Post-processed part quality in as-build condition
- Can be blended with Flexible materials
- Unsuitable for snap-fits and live hinges
- Parts may warp when exposed to higher temperatures (greater than 45-50˚C)
- Small aesthetic parts and display models with intricate features
- Parts with multi-material capabilities
- Jigs & Fixtures
- FMCG and packaging industries
- Automotive interiors
Ultra Detail Plastic is a rigid material with excellent feature retention capability and dimensional accuracy. It is mainly used in applications requiring small, precise, and intricate features.
Ultra Detail Plastic Design Guidelines for 3D Printing
- For a given part geometry, the minimum wall thickness should be at least 0.8mm.
- For decent strength: 1.5mm.
- For rigid wall: 2mm.
Minimum feature Thickness
- The minimum supported feature thickness: At least 0.4 mm.
- Since Ultra Detail Plastic parts are fabricated in Polyjet technology, support structures are generated on part geometries with overhangs and unsupported features.
Embossing and Engraving:
- Recommended fonts for a clear, legible text: Arial, Gothic
- Letter strand width: at least 0.5mm
- Embossing height: at least 0.5mm
- Engraving (cavity) depth: at least 0.5mm
- If the length of the wall is greater than 50mm (5 cm), then a minimum wall thickness of 2mm should be kept to impart decent strength.